How to Setup Canon Pixma i2800 Printer?
Setup Canon Pixma i2800 Printer
Canon Pixma i2800 is a printer that has one of the best features, that is, this device has ‘Auto Power On’, ‘Quiet Mode’, ‘High-Resolution Prints’, etc. You need to set up the printer to utilize its features to gain the utmost experience. Further, if the printer is new, then you will have to do the setup. Another reason is if you reset the printer, then also you will have to go through the setup procedure. This article will provide you with the complete procedures on How To Setup a Canon Pixma i2800 printer. In the next section, you will get to learn the easy setup process of the Canon i2800 printer.
Procedures on How to Setup Canon Pixma i2800 Printer?
This section of the article will provide you with different points, that can help you to set up the Canon Pixma i2800 printer in a very easy and elaborate way.
Canon Pixma i2800 Wireless Setup
Learn how to set up the wireless connection:
- First, be sure your Canon printer is switched on.
- After that, on the printer, tap and then hold the ‘Wireless or WiFi’ button until the orange light flashes for one time. When the flash occurs, then release that button.
- Now, inspect whether the WiFi button flashes blue light.
- Next, locate the access point and then, hit the button ‘WPS’ after two minutes.
- While the blue WiFi light flashes, the green power light will also start to flash. Once the connection is successful then, both the light will be static.
- In order to see if the printer has a successful wireless connection, follow the below steps.
- Ensure the printer is switched on.
- After that, attempt to load the correct sized paper into the device.
- Now, hit both the buttons ‘Cancel and down arrow key’, and keep it pressed until the orange light flashes fifteen times. After you have pressed the button that many times, then release it.
- At last, the page of network information will get printed out.
Steps of Canon Pixma i2800 Printer Setup Compact Disc for Windows
If you have to use the setup disc then go through the points mentioned below:
- First, put the disc that came along with your printer. Once you insert that disc, then it will execute automatically, due to the AutoRun feature.
- When the ‘AutoPlay’ window comes up, then choose the option ‘MSsetup4.exe’. If the AutoRun feature does not occur, then locate ‘This PC’ and double-click on it.
- After that, double-click on the CD-ROM icon to run the above-mentioned setup file directly.
- When the setup window opens up, choose the ‘Next’ button. Then, from the next page of that window that says ‘Select the printer connection method’, choose the option ‘Wireless LAN Connection’. Now, again select the button ‘Next’.
- In the new page of this window, choose the option ‘Access Point Connection (recommended)’. Then, choose the ‘Next’ button once again.
- Now, be sure that the printer is switched on. You can check whether the device is On if you look at the green power light. Then, choose the button ‘Next’.
- After that, the application will look for any other printers present on the network. Now, if this printer is the first one to connect to this network then, you will not get any other devices on the list. So, choose the option ‘Setting printer could not be found on the list. Then, the ‘Next’ button.
Installation Procedure of the Canon Pixma i2800 Wifi Setup
Here, you will get the installation procedure, have a look:
- At this moment, the ‘Setup Installation Guide’ window will come up and the installation initiates. Once it is over, a window with the heading ‘Printer Setup’ will show up. In this window, choose the button ‘Next’.
- On the new page of this window, find and select the button ‘Cableless setup’. On the next page ‘Connection via Cableless setup’, you will see a message. Hold down the WiFi button on the printer until the ‘Power’ light flashes, two times then, release the button after the next flash. Now, tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- On the upcoming window, there is another message. Make sure that the ‘WiFi’ light flashes quickly and the ‘Power’ light is solid. Then, tap on the ‘Next’.
- On the new window, that appears next, the following message will show up ‘Setting up. A network connection is temporarily disabled during setup. Please wait. When the connection is established, on the next window, you will get a message that says ‘Connection completed’. Click ‘Next’.
- In the following two windows, after clicking on the ‘Next’ button, choose the location and then, choose the language you prefer respectively.
- On the next window, you will get the list of software to be installed on the computer, put a checkmark on all the applications by tapping on the button ‘Select All’. Then, hit the ‘Next’. On the page ‘License Agreement Canon Products’, just tap on the ‘Yes’ button. Then, on the upcoming window, choose the ‘Next’ button. Now, the installation procedure will initiate. Wait for a few minutes, so that the process gets over.
- When the installation is complete, a window with the name of the printer model and the wireless network name (SSID) will be shown. After that, tap on the ‘Complete’ button.
Easy Process to Align the Print Head
After the installation of the printer is complete, then follow these steps underneath.
- When you see a new window, with the heading ‘Print Head Alignment’, then hit on the button ‘Execute’.
- After that, follow the instructions that will come up on the screen in order to align the print head. Once it is complete, press the ‘Next’ button.
- On the following window also select the ‘Next’.
Related Blog- Canon Pixma ip2820 Wireless Setup
Registration Steps for the Users
Follow the steps if you want to register as a new user:
- On the window ‘User Registration’, if you want to register during the setup process then, hit the ‘Next’ button. Now, follow the information on the window accordingly.
- Otherwise, if do not want to register at that very moment, then tap on the ‘Cancel’ button to stop the registration process.
- Now, in the next window ‘Extended Survey Program’, if you want to get any benefit from this program, then click the button ‘Agree’. Otherwise, tap on the button ‘Do not agree’.
Test the Quality of Prints
Lastly, you have to test the quality of the print, to verify if the setup process was successful or not.
- When the window with the name ‘Test Print’ comes up. Then, if you want to check the print quality of the printer, just tap on the ‘Execute’ button.
- The printer will then load a blank paper and print something which is provided by the software only. Once the testing is complete, hit the ‘Next’ button.
- At last, tap on the ‘Exit’ button.
This article provides easy steps on How to Setup Canon Pixma i2800 printer so that you can use this knowledge if you ever reset it. If, even after having good know-how about the setup process of this printer, you are unable to install the device in the correct way, then post your query in the comment section.