Canon Printer Error Code 801
Do you have email server, email user, password-authenticated but still can’t send email as it shows the Canon error “801”? When you try to print a document directly from the email then the printer error is an annoying canon error Code 801 issue for the Canon users. You may get stuck with the unexpected error message, “Canon error 801”. Here, the printer stops responding and without fixing it, you won’t able to use it further.
Resolve Canon Error Code 801
Canon printers are an indispensable commodity, that serves the purpose of every type of printing job. However, it is not free from occasional glitches. You might encounter Canon error 801 with your device, without any prior notice. If you are facing this error and want to know how to resolve it, then you can follow this article till the end. This document consists of proper guidance to resolve the glitch with ease. But before going on that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes due to which you can encounter this error.
Possible Reasons For The Canon error 801
Canon error code 801 occurs due to several reasons. The reasons behind this error are many which we have research and discussed below:
- FTP Server error is one of the main reasons behind this 801 error.
- SMTP error causes the email sending like a major issue and shows the Canon error 801. Therefore, incorrect Email addresses and configuration errors are responsible for this annoying issue.
- Another reason is the SMB error that includes memory space issues. Due to junk files or unnecessary files, the Canon printer fails to share the documents to the server.
Different types of 801 errors:
- 801 [SMTP] Sending to the e-mail server
- 801 [SMB] Sending to a shared folder
- 801 [FTP] Sending to an FTP server
Causes of getting this error and solutions to Fix Canon Printer Error 801:
There are some of the easy steps to fix the Canon error 801 technically. Moreover, it enhances the Canon scanner’s performance. So, you can try out the steps below to overcome this annoying issue effortlessly:
801 [SMTP] Sending to the e-mail server
- such an error is generally being occurred during communication with the SMTP server to transmit an email
- The form Email address is not correct
- At the time of connection, the SMTP server returned an error
- Due to some kind of spam policy filtering, the SMTP server rejected the Email
- Check and verify whether the SMTP server is operating properly
- Check and verify the email address is being used by you, is valid for the SMTP server
- Check out the network status
- Check out your configuration settings that are configured in the Canon device
Meanwhile, you can also grasp our free as well as top-notch Canon Printer Customer Care Service to take the handy solutions in an effortless manner.
801 [SMB] Sending to a shared folder
- Maybe the destination is full or there is no space to write
- The user account does not have enough disk space quota available
- The SMB client setting is not turned “ON”
- Software firewall or Internet Security application might be turned “ON” or not appropriately configured to permit this traffic
- Check and verify that whether the destination has enough space available or not
- Check and verify that the user account does have proper access
- Make sure that SMB client protocol is turned “ON”
- Make sure that software firewalls is configured properly to permit this traffic
801 [FTP] Sending to an FTP Server:
- You have no write permission in sending to a destination
- The machine you are trying to send to the FTP server might be already exists
- You might be sending the incorrectly spelled folder name or entering the wrong password
- Check out that you have to write permission to that destination
- Make sure that there should be no copied file which you are trying to send
- Make sure that while sending the file, you are entering the correct user name and password for that destination
Verify the network status
- If you are using a wired connection, then check whether the Ethernet cable is connected properly before connecting. Moreover, a corrupted cable port is responsible for creating this Canon error 801. So, repair it immediately if any panel is found here.
- For Wireless connection, check the strength of the Wi-Fi signal. If it drops on a frequent basis or shows a weak signal, then contact the ISP to get a flawless connection.
Check the SMTP server status
First, Verify the SMTP Server is operating properly or not. To check it, you need to follow the steps below.
- Open the Command Prompt window and run the command telnet [SMTP_Email_Server] [Port Number].
- Now, check it fails to connect then check whether the server name is inputted correctly or not. Otherwise, the issue occurs due to TCP port failure.
- If the connection status shows active, then send a message and check whether you get a response or not.
- When done, type “Quit” for exiting from the SMTP session.
Check the email service
While you send an email, double-check the email address because it is very case-sensitive. Sometimes, spelling errors, a character missing, etc make the email ID invalid and it won’t comment to the server. Thus, you can fix the FTP error as well as the Email Server error efficiently.
To prevent the accessing error, you may use the following method and overcome the web security error.
- Open the Control Panel window and go to the System and Security section.
- Here, you will get the Firewall Settings and check its status.
- If the slider is set as high, then drag it towards the left and tap again to disable it.
- When done, launch the Gmail Account and check whether the Canon error persists or not.
Re-enable SMB Client Protocol
- Launch the Control Panel window from the Start menu.
- Choose Programs and Features options from several items.
- Click on the link Turn Windows features on or off from the resultant window.
- Expand the category SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing and select another option SMB 1.0/CIFS Client.
- Tap on the OK button and click on the Restart Now button to enable the SMB client protocol properly which helps to fix the error code 801 of Canon printers.
Utilize Disk Spaces
- Click on the Start menu and launch the Start menu.
- In the search box, type “disk clean”: in the search box and hit Enter key to launch the Disk Cleanup Utility window.
- Here, you can see a list of installed files and their status.
- Choose the files which you want to delete one by one and tap on the Delete Files tab.
- Then, confirm the process by tapping the Yes button from the resultant dialog box.
- When done, press Windows + R from the keyboard and type “temp” in the Run dialog box.
- Now, open the Temporary folder by pressing the Enter key. Now, hold the Ctrl key and press A from the keyboard.
- Press the delete key to delete the temporary as well as junk files.
Similar Post: Canon error code 801
Dial Canon Printer Customer Service Number +1-844-200-2814 to end-up your query:
In case such above information doesn’t help for you, then don’t let the work be pending. Just eradicate it from the root within a minute via placing a call at Canon Printer Customer Service Number. There are a number of technical engineers, work continuously all day all night only for giving 100% satisfaction to the customers.