Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth Setup
Canon MX922 printer can wirelessly print all of the document using the built-in WiFi adapter, and even use conventional methods. If you do not have the wireless connectivity then there is no possibility of wireless printing of any document. You will then be required to use the printer via a USB cable which is connected to the PC. There is another way to print any document wirelessly i.e. use the ‘bluetooth’ connection. But, since no Bluetooth adapter is present within the Canon MX922 printer, therefore you have to get the adapter, and then print the document. Now, the Bluetooth adapter should installed in a proper pathway in order to use it. So, this article will provide guidance on the process of Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth Setup. To set up the Bluetooth on the Canon Printer, proceed to the next segment.
Ways to Setup Bluetooth on the Canon MX922 Printer
In this section, you will get the Canon MX922 printer Bluetooth setup guidance.
Insert the Bluetooth Adapter into the Printer
To connect the Bluetooth adapter follow the steps:
- First of all, turn printer on.
- Input the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port that is located on the printer’s front side.
- Now, open the adapter cap and start mounting the Bluetooth unit. If you do so, the LCD display will display a message.
Steps to Install the MP Drivers
Now, to continue with the setup process you need to install the MP Drivers.
- Switch off the printer, first. Tap the ‘On / Off’ button for that. Then, be sure not to illuminate every LED present on the service panel.
- Now, get the machine going. Next, plug into the drive the Setup CD that came with the printer.
- The CD will then automatically run, and the window ‘AutoPlay’ will appear. Click the ‘Run Msetup4.exe’ option when this window appears..
- When a window appears with the heading ‘User Account Control,’ press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now the central menu window appears. Select the ‘Simple Download’ option in that pane.
- When this is completed a new window should appear with the heading ‘Fast Download.’ You will see the list of available programs in that window, select the programs you want to install and finally tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- You can then read the ‘End User License Agreement’ on the next tab, and press the ‘Agree’ button.
- Now, link the printer to your machine and turn it on through a USB cable. Before that the printer’s ‘Copy’ button will flashlight for a couple of seconds, then it will become solid. Which means the application may find the printer connected to the PC.
- Once the MP driver configuration is over, you’ll get the window with the ‘Installation Complete’ heading. Afterwards press the ‘Next’ button.
- The next window to appear is the ‘User Registration’ window, simply click on ‘Cancel’ to later register the computer. Then the window ‘PIXMA Extended Survey Program’ appears, if you want this program then press the ‘Accept’ button, otherwise click the button ‘Do not agree’.
- Eventually, when the total MP driver installation is complete, simply tap the ‘Exit’ button.
Setting the Bluetooth Functionality on the Printer
Here, you need to know how to set up the Bluetooth features on the Canon printer at this point and the instructions are given below.
- Also ensure the Bluetooth adapter is installed into the printer and turned on.
- After that, pick the choice ‘Press Setup’ from the printer operations screen.
- Then select the option ‘System Settings’ by using the right arrow key. Tap the ‘OK’ button then.
- Now, click the down arrow key and pick the ‘Bluetooth Settings’ option and click the ‘OK’ button.
- Choose the choice ‘Pick system name’ from the ‘Bluetooth settings’ tab. After that you can select your device’s name from the list in the new window.
- Once the printer name is tested, simply hit the ‘OK’ button.
Procedure to Register the Printer
You will need to sign it with the Windows Operating System in order to mark the Canon Printer as a Bluetooth device. The registration process steps specifically for Windows 7 are provided here.
- First, press the ‘Start’ button, then locate and select the ‘Control Panel’ option on the right hand side of the menu.
- Then, the window ‘Control Panel’ opens.
- Find and then pick the category ‘Hardware and Sound’ inside this tab. After that, select the choice ‘Bluetooth App’ from next window.
- Next pick the option ‘Connect a Bluetooth App’ from the new window.
- When the previous choice is selected, the name ‘Pair with a wireless computer’ will appear in a new window. In this window the OS will automatically scan for the printer that will appear on the list if the computer is found then.
- Choose the app name from the list and then press the ‘Next’ button. Now, select the option ‘Pair without a wireless computer’ in the next tab. using a code. Now, tap on the button ‘Next’.
- When the pairing process is underway you will see a message showing ‘Connecting with this app.’ The message ‘This tool has been successfully connected to this machine’ will pop up after the registration is complete.
- Then, press the Close button.
Related Blog : Canon pixma ip2820 Wireless Setup
Removal Procedure of the Registered Printer
You will also get the procedure on how to uninstall the printer that is registered as a Bluetooth device on the machine in Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth setup guide process. Also, you’ll have to uninstall the computer to register the printer once more. Follow these measures below, for that.
- Next, press the Windows and R key combination to simultaneously launch the ‘Start’ dialog box.
- When the dialog box opens, type the “Control Panel” command and then press the ‘Enter’ key. This will open a window called ‘Control Panel.’
- When in the ‘Control Panel’ window, go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ tab. Next select the option ‘Devices and Printers’ from the new page.
- Now, pick the icon with the Canon Printer name from the window that appears.
Finally , select ‘Delete App’ option. It will uninstall the Canon MX922 impressor from your PC.
Detach the Bluetooth Adapter from the Printer
Some circumstances can occur in which you need to disconnect and attach the Bluetooth adapter again. These points will show you specific instructions on how the Bluetooth adapter can be removed from the printer.
- Next, just uninstall the Bluetooth Adapter from your printer’s USB port. You remove the adapter beforehand, and test if the light is on or not. If the adapter just has no light illumination then disable it otherwise not.
- Replace the cap and keep it in a safe place. Finally, follow the steps set out above to re-connect the Bluetooth adapter in this article.
Contact for Help
This article includes as simple and as compact as possible detailed steps on the Canon MX922 Printer Bluetooth Setup process. Now, even after following all the points on the above section, if you are unable to set up the printer then post the question in the comment section below.