Canon MG2520 Scanner Setup
If you are looking for a device that can print quality pictures as well as crisp papers, then Canon MG2520 Scanner is the best in the market and it also comes with a downloaded driver. It is equipped with a hybrid ink system that blends color ink for scintillating color as well as black pigment ink for producing distinct texts. However, the setup of this scanner is not that much difficult, therefore you can easily do that without any trouble. It comes with a portable body that can fit anywhere inside your living room. This informative guide will give you step-by-step guidelines for the Canon MG2520 scanner setup.
Guide For Setup Canon MG2520 Scanner for Windows
You need to open printer driver software in Windows. The printer driver setup window can be put up with the use of application software. For that, follow the steps provided below
- First of all, you need to open the driver setup window.
- Then, you need to follow the below guidelines in order to set up the printing profile while you print.
- After that, select the command that you wish to print.
- Generally, choose Print available on the File menu in order to open the Print dialog box.
- Then, you need to choose the model name. After that, select the Preferences option.
Steps For Canon Pixma MX2520 Scanner Setup
You will find the printer driver setup window. You need to choose certain items from the Start Menu as mentioned below.
- If you are a Windows 7 user, choose the Start Menu. After that, select Drivers and Printers.
- Moreover, if you are a Windows Vista user, you need to choose the Start Menu. Then, move to the Control Panel. After that, select Hardware and Sound. Now, click on Printers.
- If you are a Windows XP user, you need to choose the Start Menu. Then, hover on to Control Panel. Now, under the Printers and Hardware, you need to click on Printers and Faxes.
After that, you need to right-click on the Model icon. Thereafter, choose Printing preferences available in the display menu.
Learn How to Install Canon MX2520 Scanner Mac OS X:
Follow the below steps for the Canon MG2520 Scanner Setup:
If you already made an attempt to install a driver for Canon Printer, then you need to delete it from the printers as well from the Fax System Preferences pane. Moreover, you need to go to the hard disk and open the Library. Then, move to the Printer option and trash the Canon folder.
- After that, in the same folder move from the Library to the Printer. Then, you need to open the PPDs. Further, you need to trash any file which implies that the Canon Printer is installing.
- However, if you have any spare Canon printer working, you need to selectively trash those files which are new.
- Then, you need to restart and clean up the trash before moving on.
- Now, you need to detach the Printer. Then, you can download the recent drivers and execute the installer package. Once you are done with installing the package, navigate to the System Preferences tab by pressing the Apple Icon placed at the top right corner. Now, you can connect the printer and turn it on.
- Next, you have to open the Printer and Fax pane in order to open the Print and Fax preferences. Now, you need to tap button (+) on the left side in order to add a printer. You will find the name of your Canon printer in the list.
- Press the model of the Canon printer you wish to install. After that, you need to tap on Choose a Driver or Printer Model. After that, press Select Printer Software. Then you need to select any printer from the list.
- Finally, press OK for the successful installation.
However, if this doesn’t happen, you need to perform the above steps again. Then, you have to examine the followed instructions properly and follow the provided link to obtain the latest driver for the Canon MG2520 scanner that is compatible with the Mac OS X system. If the problem recurs, you need to go through the troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting Steps to Setup Canon Pixma MX2520 Scanner Mac OS X:
The only troubleshoot for the Canon MG2520 scanner setup is to examine you have the recent most driver for the operating system.
Mountain Lion and Lion are used for different systems. Therefore, you need to ensure the driver is for 10.7*10.8*i. In order to examine the version of your OS, you need to press the Apple icon on the top left. Now, you need to tap on About this Mac. It implies OS X, Version x.x.x.This is imperative since the installation methodologies are very much different.
Steps for Wireless Setup of Canon MG2520 Scanner:
- First of all, remove the external protective materials entirely.
- You need to open the paper output tray placed on the front side. Now, you have to lift the scanner unit cover to the cartridge holder.
- Then, peel out the cartridge holder. Also, remove the protective coverings.
- After that, you need to link to the power source. This can be done by connecting one end to the proper interface of the printer. You can connect the other one to the wall power outlet.
- Then, you need to turn on the unit as well as you need to select your preferred language. After that, you need to press the OK button and turn off the back unit.
- Hoist the scanner cover in order to insert the cartridge holder back again. Now, you need to close down the lid.
- Then, turn on the unit. After that, tap the Set Up button. Next, you need to choose the wireless LAN setup through the operation panel.
- Now, click on the OK button and choose the easy setup.
- Then, click the OK button and choose the Access Point. Next, you need to press the OK button and feed this with WEP-key. Again, tap the OK button and plugin the companion CD. Next, you need to execute the program from the autoplay.
- Choose the country where you are residing. Then, press Next. Now, you need to select Easy Install and tap on the Next button. After that, choose to Use The Printer on the Network and press Next. You will find a window of Printer Detection and then press Next.
Related Blog- Canon MX490 Scanner Setup
Canon mg2520 Scanner Not Working:
- First of all, you have to enter PIXMA in the Enter a Model option and press the Go option.
- Moreover, navigate to the Driver & Downloads tab, under the Recommended section.
- Now, you need to press the Select button just beside the MG2520 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Then, press the Download button.
- Now, if you find a save Dialog box, press Save.
- When the downloading is done, you need to open the Downloads folder.
- Next, you need to press Driver Canon MG252O. You will find a disk image.
- Now, double-click on Disk Image.
- Finally, you have to double-click the Setup file if you wish to establish the setup screen.
To Sum It Up
In a nutshell, this article will give you a thorough methodology of the Canon MG2520 scanner setup. Apart from the general setup, this article also covers the step-by-step setup of this scanner in different Windows versions and Mac. Moreover, this user guide contains the information which is provided during the initial setup. Henceforth, you can always refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. Also, you can leave your valuable feedback in the comment section.